[Dixielandjazz] How not to perform our National Anthem

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:07:45 -0500

Well dad-blame-it Charlie and Jim,
You guys confuse the hell out of me as I try and try to understand and learn
about jazz and freedom of expression and creativity. Could you gentlemen
please tell me where we're supposed to draw the line? What songs are
touchable vs. untouchable? Why do we have arrangers? At what point should
they have left "Stardust" alone (before or after it was slowed to a ballad)?
Help! I guess I really don't get it at all!!!
Love and hugs,
Nancykins