[Dixielandjazz] How not to perform our National Anthem

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:25:43 EDT

--part1_14f.1651fe41.2ae8a617_boundary

In a message dated 10/23/02 7:38:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
gmthur@delrio.com writes:

>         It's not OKOK but I gotta say this - I just listened to the Star
> Spangled Banner sung at the fourth game of the World Series, performed in
> the "showoff" style seemingly so popular in these times.  Where have you
> gone Tommy Loy!

    Yes, it's appalling what has breen done to our national songs in recent
years. Soul singers and Country singers have befouled these treasures almost
beyond recognition.  How can we protest this and stop it?

     Jim Beebe

--part1_14f.1651fe41.2ae8a617_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/23/02 7:38:14 PM Central Daylight Time, gmthur@delrio.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's not OKOK but I gotta say this - I just listened to the Star<BR>
Spangled Banner sung at the fourth game of the World Series, performed in<BR>
the "showoff" style seemingly so popular in these times.&nbsp; Where have you<BR>
gone Tommy Loy!</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, it's appalling what has breen done to our national songs in recent years. Soul singers and Country singers have befouled these treasures almost beyond recognition.&nbsp; How can we protest this and stop it?<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_14f.1651fe41.2ae8a617_boundary--