[Dixielandjazz] Igor Report - short bio

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:03:18 -0500

> From: "lUIS dANIEL Flores" <luda@arnet.com.ar>
>=20
> I am so sorry to ask this but my curiosity due to the many mails about it
> make me ask WHO IS THIS IGOR suffering so much?

Hola, Lu=EDs,
I'll send you a photo of Igor separately. Para contestar su pregunta,
here is a short bio about Igor:

Since his first appearance at the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee in 1986, this
talented musician and showman, along with his Jazz Cowboys, has been wowing
audiences at Jazz Festivals and concerts throughout the world.
=20
Igor is equally at home playing Folk Music, Country and Western,
Classical, as well as Dixieland Jazz. After working on Bourbon
Street in New Orleans, and Folk Music in Phoenix, plus a stint as a
member of Les Baxter's Balladeers in Hollywood, he toured
extensively with The New Christy Minstrels, including shows with
Bob Hope and an appearance on the Tonight Show. He then performed
for seven years at Crazy Ed's Place, a Dixieland Club in the
Phoenix area, with the likes of Phil Gomez, Rick (Cougar) Nelson
and George Rock. In the early 80's, Igor formed "Igor's Jazz
Cowboys," a band combining Country and Western with Dixieland in
the tradition of Bob Will's Texas Playboys.