[Dixielandjazz] Alvin Alcorn

Burt Wilson futurecon@earthlink.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:21:09 -0700

Dear John--

Just for the record, Alvin Alcorn was not playing with Ory when I sat in with
the band. His trumpet player was Teddy Buckner, a Louis worshipper and great
player. The rest of the band was Joe Darensburgh, Tudie Garland, and Ram Hall
on drums.

What made the whole thing extraordinary was that in 1966 I re-formed my Silver
Dollar Jazz Band in Hollywood and followed Nappy Lamarre into the Hollywood
Shakey's. My piano player was the great Alton Purnell from the Bunk Johnson
Band and who filled in on bass from time to time? Tudie Garland!

Burt Wilson