[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Daddy

Bob Romans cellblk7@attbi.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:35:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C2769A.793BD280

Tommy Loy's daughter, Lindy, asked me to forward this to you all...
Bob Romans
-----Original Message-----
From: Lindi Boyer <bgrouptx@yahoo.com>
To: Bob Romans <cellblk7@attbi.com>
Date: Friday, October 18, 2002 1:57 AM
Subject: Daddy

Bob -- I can't thank you enough for forwarding all the wonderful e-mails =
about Daddy to me.  I will make sure that Shirley, all of my sisters, =
and my step-sisters (affectionately known as Tommy's harem) receive a =
copy of each one.   I may even take the liberty to share some of their =
comments at his service on Sunday, if I have an opportunity to talk.=20

I spent as much time as I could with Daddy since his diagnosis August =
21st and I made it a point to hear him play every Tuesday night until =
September 24th when he played his horn for the last time.  The previous =
week I clandestinely called all of the players I knew who had the =
privilege to play with him at The Levee and they all showed up!  It was =
a magical night, not only for him, but for all of us and in spite of his =
pain, he played the entire night!=20

One of the things he talked about in the past several weeks was how much =
all of his DJML friends meant to him and we will be forever grateful to =
you for inviting him to go to Scotland - you fulfilled one of his =
lifelong dreams.  He loved being a part of "your fraternity" and I know =
he will be watching over all of you as you progress in your respective =
careers.  But I'm giving you fair warning -- you may hear him recant his =
infamous line to us when we were growing up as we practiced piano, the =
violin or prepared for one of our many musical concerts  -- PRACTICE, =
PRACTICE, PRACTICE!=20

He was a great musician, comedian, mentor, lover of jazz, friend, =
husband, grandaddy and Daddy.  God was so good to me to give me the =
opportunity to be raised by such a wonderful man and I feel truly =
blessed to have shared in his short life here on earth.  Although I will =
dearly miss his physical presence, his spirit will live in me forever.   =

Let me know when the ITG meets in Fort Worth next year as I would =
personally like to express my appreciation to all of Daddy's fellow =
Tooters for their support and prayers during his brief illness.  The =
best part about his passing (and yes, I believe there is one) is that he =
had the rare opportunity to say goodbye to his fellow musicians, friends =
and all of us - a fitting tribute to such a wonderful man. =20

Please feel free to pass this e-mail onto all of his DJML friends and =
thank them for their prayers and support during the last weeks of his =
life and his transition to the other side.  I love you all and I know =
Daddy does too.=20

Lindi Loy Boyer (Affectionately known as L2 )                            =
          4057 Bryn Mawr, Dallas, TX  75225                              =
                            Home (214) 691-6107 Cell (469) 688-6107      =
                                        E-Mail bgrouptx@yahoo.com=20

 Bob Romans <cellblk7@attbi.com> wrote:=20

  Hi Lindy!!
  You can't BELIEVE the email coming over the Internet about your =
father!!  I'm going to send them to you without comment ...there's too =
many for me to say something on each one. Shirley will appreciate them =
too.  Much love to you all...I wish I could be there Sunday, but my band =
has a contract for a gig that day...

  Bob Romans
  Cell Block 7
  Jazz Band