[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Loy

John Farrell stridepiano@tesco.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:23:38 +0100

I never met Tommy but through our many email exchanges got to appreciate the
attractive character of the man. On one occasion he suggested, quite
seriously, that we got together with some top notch musos and went on tour
somewhere, anywhere. He would have done it too.

Alas it never happened and to my everlasting regret I never got to hear him
play. I never heard anything but the highest praise for his musicianship, it
is a very sad day for everybody on the list.

Rest in peace with the greats Tommy - and to the Loy family please accept my
deepest condolences.

John Farrell
stridepiano@tesco.net