[Dixielandjazz] Breeze (Blow my baby back to me) verse

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:26:51 -0400

At 04:08 PM 10/13/2002 +0200, w.p.mossel@wanadoo.nl wrote:
>In the recording of April 6, 1929 Clarence Williams plays the song Breeze (
>music by James F. Hanley, words by Ballard MacDonald and Joe Goodwin) with
>a verse (I think) of 8 bars. The verse is not sung, but maybe there are
>words on it too.
>Can anyone help me on a leadsheet and text (if there is any) of that verse?
>Wim Mossel
>a.k.a. w.p.mossel@wanadoo.nl

Breeze (in G)
Verse:
(G7)  Cm/ Gm/      Fm Bb7Eb.      Em.B+ Bb7   Eb...
Cm.Gm.      Abm Bb7 Eb Cm      G.D7.      G...

Verse:
(It's an)  Ill/ wind that   blows nobody good,/
   blows nobody good they   say.// If
Anybody knows, I   certainly should, 'cause it
   blew my gal a-   way.///

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Sound Clips, public performances)
eMail: dwlit@cpcug.org