[Dixielandjazz] Concealed Weapon

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:24:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/02 9:22:28 AM, Artwoo@aol.com writes:

Snip............
<< Since you will probably be checked by one of the new frisky federal
employees
who are fresh from training school and have their wands loaded with fresh
batteries, I would recommend being more somber than if all your lotto numbers
came up and you forgot to buy a ticket.  >>

This is completely contrary to my experience flying home from the States in
August. Tampa airport was fully equipped with a full complement of Federal
'friskers' in smart new uniforms who were to a person (non-sexist language
here!) friendly and polite, greeting practically everyone with a smile. We
only saw one person met with a degree of severe formality and he was a
'businessman' in a hurry who didn't see why he was having to go through all
this security thing. Maybe I was lucky but then I did get a laugh out of an
Immigration Officer at Newark earlier in the year!

My suggestion is that the likelyhood is that to an official in whatever
capacity there is no such thing as a new witty remark about his or her job.
All have been told before and somewhat lose there freshness very quickly.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.