[Dixielandjazz] Concealed Weapon

Artwoo@aol.com Artwoo@aol.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 04:21:07 EDT

Hi Bob:

Since you will probably be checked by one of the new frisky federal employees
who are fresh from training school and have their wands loaded with fresh
batteries, I would recommend being more somber than if all your lotto numbers
came up and you forgot to buy a ticket.

I have a feeling that these new recruits would arrest a sweet grandmother
holding her grandchild if a fingernail file was found in Grandma's purse.

And if the little child had the misfortune of having old fashioned diapers
held together by safety pins, one can only imagine how many decades he would
be incarcerated.

Like you, I like to make funny remarks and puns (at least I always appreciate
my sense of humor). However, when approaching federal inspectors I become
stone-faced and only say "Yes, sir" or "Yes, 'Ma'am."

The key personality traits of airport security personnel are to be devoid of
a sense of humor and to be suspicious of everyone except a bearded Iraqi
holding a one-way ticket who sets off the metal detector.

Musical content: If you are asked to demonstrate your prowess on your weapon
(banjo) you are allowed to play a rousing chorus of "The Sheik of Araby." But
don't say anything.

With solemnity,
Art Wood