[Dixielandjazz] Another death

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:17:00 EDT

--part1_135.159e3b1e.2ad3a82c_boundary

In a message dated 10/7/02 8:47:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:

> Born in Mississippi, Clyde grew up with Mose Allison, played in big bands in
> New York during the 50s and 60s.  A compulsive practicer on his instrument,
> often going at it 12 hours a day, he blew out his lip in the late 60s and
> had to retire from professional music.

   I'm sorry to hear of Clyde Cox, whom I didn't know.  I'm curious about his
'blowing out his lip'.  I haven't run into this.  Do you know any more as to
what happened?

   Jim Beebe

--part1_135.159e3b1e.2ad3a82c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/7/02 8:47:26 PM Central Daylight Time, charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Born in Mississippi, Clyde grew up with Mose Allison, played in big bands in<BR>
New York during the 50s and 60s.&nbsp; A compulsive practicer on his instrument,<BR>
often going at it 12 hours a day, he blew out his lip in the late 60s and<BR>
had to retire from professional music.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm sorry to hear of Clyde Cox, whom I didn't know.&nbsp; I'm curious about his 'blowing out his lip'.&nbsp; I haven't run into this.&nbsp; Do you know any more as to what happened?<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_135.159e3b1e.2ad3a82c_boundary--