[Dixielandjazz] Playing too long

Pepett@aol.com Pepett@aol.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:53:02 EDT

Charlie,
          This is beginning to sound like a love affair, with the following
clarification!!
           I don't care how OLD a performer is, I don't care how much  Father
time has destroyed the once magnificent body or face or hair or teeth or
mind-----What I am attempting to say is that if they can still perform, then
perform--but if they are up on the stand as a gesture of admiration by their
peers and REALLY have nothing, not even breath left, why diminish the memory
of  once magnificent or even  capable performers?
         I can just visualize Fred Astaire at age 88 teaming up with Ginger
at 84 and dancing up and down a flight of stairs!
          And, BTW let us add Buddy Ebsen and make it a Trio!!
          As far as Altzheimers(sp) disease, I wont even go there!!
Best To All
                Perry( The approaching Octogenarian who says that the OLDER I
get the BETTER I was!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER