[Dixielandjazz] Chord question

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 18:23:00 -0400

At 04:22 PM 10/5/2002 -0400, Steve Barbone wrote:
>Each of my 2 fake books shows a different chord. First as a C7, then as a
plain
>Gm. With John's Gm6,
>Steve Barbone

I recently changed the chord to Gm6 in my "Dixieland Fake Book"; John
Farrell and I discussed it, so I checked the original 1923 stock chart,
which (I just checked again) clearly writes all the notes in the banjo and
piano parts. That's sufficient authority for me. It does make a nice lead
into the Dm on the next line.

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Sound Clips, public performances)
eMail: dwlit@cpcug.org