[Dixielandjazz] Woolworth's "Cuisine"

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton@eds.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:07:41 -0500

This topic returns like a bad penny...
What about a Submarine, or Grinder, or Poorboy? What about a Pita?

I can't account for any of that stuff because it was invented waaay before
my time. Maybe Hooks can explain it.

Jazz Content: You didn't think I'd forget Hoagie, did you?

-----Original Message-----
From: PLadd36932@aol.com [mailto:PLadd36932@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 7:35 AM
To: Edgerton, Paul A
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Woolworth's "Cuisine"

paul.edgerton@eds.com
writes:

<<  "Hot Roast Beef
 Sandwiches, served open-face" >>

I assume that `open face` means 1 slice of bread with something on it. This
is NOT a sandwich which is specifically 2 pieces of bread with something in
between. Invented by the Earl of Sandwich so that he could eat without
leaving the gaming tables.

Musical content `You get no bread with one meatball`

Cheers

PatL