[Dixielandjazz] OKOM Is Where You Find It.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:46:20 -0400

OKOM is where you find it. If in the Philadelphia area, you are all
invited to this Social Event.

"Swing into Oktoberfest".

Friday, October 18,  6 PM to 10 PM

30th Street Train Station, North Waiting Room (capacity 2500)
Philadelphia PA., USA

The Barbone Street Jazz Band will be in fine form performing Condon
Style Dixieland, to which 6 of our young and very good looking swing
dancers will dance. Even to "Fidgety Feet" , "That's A Plenty" and
"Tiger Rag" etc. They will also give free swing dance lessons. Open Bar,
German Food Specialties, plus live and silent auctions.

For the Benefit of Wheels of Wellness, provider of free transport for
needy patients in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. A United Way
Agency. (They recognize the value of good, old, OKOM)

Tickets? $75 each, unless you want to be a patron, for $150. And who
knows, you might even meet the mayor, or our Gubernatorial candidates
plus other local movers and shakers.

Phone: 215-563-6912 for tickets.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

P.S. Philadelphia is a jazzy place. I guess W.C. Fields really meant it.
("On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia" is chiseled on his
gravestone, he always made fun of the place)