[Dixielandjazz] A rose by any other name - was clarneticists

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:11:10 -0400

Brian Livett wrote:

"As a "trombonicist" I vigorously defend the right of clarineticists,
clarineters, even banjoicists to be known by their nomenclature of
choice!"

Listmates:

Reminds me of a CD reissue Condon record I Listened to with amusement a
while back. Not sure of the exact words but on an introduction of Eddie
Condon the announcer announced him as an accomplished "plectorist".

You can plainly hear a band member in the background ask something like:
"Plectorist, what's that". Another band mate (Wild Bill?) can also be
heard plainly saying. "Aw that's just another name for A**hole."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. I always thought "clarineticist" was that callus on the clarineter's
thumb that Dr. Fred Spencer mentioned. ;-)