[Dixielandjazz] cataloging CDs

BudTuba@aol.com BudTuba@aol.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:57:54 EDT

--part1_8f.231d6b71.2aca4d12_boundary

In a message dated 9/30/02 8:05:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jerrygordon@juno.com writes:

> By simply inserting the CD in the
> drive, it automatically - in just seconds - accesses information from a
> 1-million-CD Internet database, gathers the song titles, artist name,
> album
> title, and more. It prints reports, finds the desired artist, album or
> song, plays the CD, prints cover images for jewel case inserts, and in
> general makes you an all-around organized audiophile.  CD Trustee
> catalogs

Many of the CD releases of OKOM bands do not make to the internet CD database
so you either will have to leave them out or type them.  Actually, I'm
looking into investing into Dragon Naturally Speaking software which
eliminates the need for typing so much and it's kind of fun to read over the
titles you do have.  A second concern I would have what kind of database does
this program utilize?  Microsoft Access and FileMakerpro are two
commercially-available databases and can be configured anyway you want.
NaturallySpeaking can also be used for other tasks such as answering email
and writing your memroires.

Bud Taylor, Smugtown Stompers, Rochester, NY
                >>>Trad Jazz since 1958<<<

--part1_8f.231d6b71.2aca4d12_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Bookman Old Style" LANG="0">In a message dated 9/30/02 8:05:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jerrygordon@juno.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">By simply inserting the CD in the <BR>
drive, it automatically - in just seconds - accesses information from a <BR>
1-million-CD Internet database, gathers the song titles, artist name,<BR>
album <BR>
title, and more. It prints reports, finds the desired artist, album or <BR>
song, plays the CD, prints cover images for jewel case inserts, and in <BR>
general makes you an all-around organized audiophile.&nbsp; CD Trustee<BR>
catalogs <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Bookman Old Style" LANG="0"><BR>
Many of the CD releases of OKOM bands do not make to the internet CD database so you either will have to leave them out or type them.&nbsp; Actually, I'm looking into investing into Dragon Naturally Speaking software which eliminates the need for typing so much and it's kind of fun to read over the titles you do have.&nbsp; A second concern I would have what kind of database does this program utilize?&nbsp; Microsoft Access and FileMakerpro are two commercially-available databases and can be configured anyway you want.&nbsp; NaturallySpeaking can also be used for other tasks such as answering email and writing your memroires.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Benguiat Bk BT" LANG="0">Bud Taylor, Smugtown Stompers, Rochester, NY<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&gt;&gt;Trad Jazz since 1958&lt;&lt;&lt;</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8f.231d6b71.2aca4d12_boundary--