[Dixielandjazz] Re: Doctor Jazz - Jelly Roll Morton.

nancyink@ulink.net nancyink@ulink.net
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:28:56 GMT

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:47:08 -0500 "Patrick Cooke" wrote:

>        I doubt the veracity of the above....Who would have suffered
> by this information being revealed?  Only himself, and possibly
> other members of the Beatles; or am I missing something?
>     Pat Cooke

Hi Pat!
First off, the inappropriate nature of that comment on this list has
already been duly noted and apologized for.
To answer your question:
This was mentioned with regard to people like JRM writing songs and
selling them to Melrose, who got credit (and money) for them. I wondered
if this were common in the music industry, and it reminded me of what my
friend had told me about Lennon.
So, does the general public know (or care) who writes and gets credit for
songs? Could it be a big black eye for the entire industry if the public
were to suddenly discover what has been going on for decades? Should
anyone in the music business be surprised if Lennon and McCartney didn't
write some of their songs?
I don't know if anyone would "suffer" from such a revelation; perhaps
Michael Jackson, who owns the rights? Rather than to make anyone suffer,
would Lennon make such a claim merely to clear his own conscience? Sorry,
more questions than answers!

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com