[Dixielandjazz] Albert Ammons

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:02:27 EST

--part1_145.3cbe5e6.2b19bc83_boundary

In a message dated 11/29/02 11:52:24 PM Central Standard Time,
stridepiano@tesco.net writes:

> Ever heard of a tune by Albert Ammons called Woo Woo? Neither had I until I
> heard somebody play it recently and liked the number so much that I have
> made a MIDI file of it which is now on my website. If a confection of
> stride
> and boogiewoogie is your thing this one will be right up your street.

   If it's Albert Ammons, it is going to swing.  Check out his "Margie."   I
mean that  really gets up and walks.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_145.3cbe5e6.2b19bc83_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/29/02 11:52:24 PM Central Standard Time, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Ever heard of a tune by Albert Ammons called Woo Woo? Neither had I until I<BR>
heard somebody play it recently and liked the number so much that I have<BR>
made a MIDI file of it which is now on my website. If a confection of stride<BR>
and boogiewoogie is your thing this one will be right up your street.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; If it's Albert Ammons, it is going to swing.&nbsp; Check out his "Margie."&nbsp;&nbsp; I mean that&nbsp; really gets up and walks.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_145.3cbe5e6.2b19bc83_boundary--