[Dixielandjazz] Billy Banks Rhythmakers

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:33:04 -0500

At 06:06 PM 11/27/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>I am trying to find CD  information about this sessions....I found B.,
>Berigan and also B., Goodman and the Rhythm Makers .....cannot find in
>google such information on B. Banks RhythmMakers , let alone   to buy it
>where can I find such info?
>Luis Daniel Flores

Hi Luis. The Berrigan and Goodman Rhythmakers recordings were a separate
matter--"Rhythmakers" was just a name suppled by a company to recordings
made for radio stations. Mid-1930s, basically Big Band sides.

Billy Banks Rhythm Makers and the same musicians under a couple of other
names--eg Jack Bland. They were issued on portions of 2 CDs by the now
defunct Collectors Classics label, in their series "The Henry Allen
Collection". You have the details in the Albums and 3040jazz databases I
just sent you.

So apparently they are now available only on Classics label, which may or
may not have used the Coll. Classics CDs as sources, therefore there's no
way to tell how good the sound it...

--Sheik