[Dixielandjazz] Re: Since My Best Gal Turned Me Down Lyrics

John Ding roadie@btinternet.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:38:33 -0000

Thanks to Sheik for coming up with the lyrics which I've only ever heard on
a private tape I have of Judy Covington singing with the old Cambridge City
Jass Band back in the 1970's. Now there's a gal who could sing a bit of
jazz when given the chance. Most memorable part of that performance were
those tempo change parts. Judy got 'em right so too did the band - well,
nearly !!

On the second floundering, drummer, the late Colin Simon aka "The Captain",
got the boys out off trouble with a terrific drum break. The sort of break
that stands repeated playing ..... over 'n' over. Sadly, the copy I have is
only a crap cassette copy and I'd dearly love to know what happened to the
Revox tapes made of that Cambridge "Kite" concert which I was promised but
never received. <sob>
--
 John,
        Suffolk, England.