[Dixielandjazz] TARNISHED SIX banjo

R & V Thompson rvthompson@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:47:59 -0800

Hi, Bob,

I think you are referring here to Phil Cartwright.  He is, indeed, a
fine banjo player.  If you or anyone on the list has an e-mail address
for him, I would appreciate your sending it to me off list.  Thanks.

Bert

From: "Bob Romans" <cellblk7@attbi.com>
To: <barbonestreet@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Penn State OKOM - Was 76 trombones
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:14:09 -0600

I have three or four of their vinyl albums...they were/are a very good
band!! The banjoist(I'm having a "Brandy Moment" right now), ol'
whatzizname, played a lot with CB7 when he and his wife were at UC Davis
where she was one of the Chancellors! Then, they had to move to Kent
State
University when she got a new gig there....as PRESIDENT...and he had to
give
up the banjo chair in CB7...can you believe THAT??? To give give up all
his
medical benefits and retirement!! ( Yeah, sure!)
He was very good, and did excellent vocals also!!