[Dixielandjazz] Solo favourites - postscript

briantowers briantowers@msn.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:16:28 -0500

Paolo,
Too bad we did not include a tuba solo in our selections.   Here is mine, on
the "better late than never" principle.

My favourite - Cyrus St Clair playing tuba with the Clarence Williams band.
The tune  - "Cushion Foot Stomp".  He solos with beautiful, full-blooded,
immaculately timed notes on his tuba, using the K.I.S.S. formula right
through.  His chorus balances the number perfectly.  If you took out his
contribution, the number would be totally devalued!  (IMHO)
Brian Towers,
Hot Five Jazzmakers, Toronto, Canada
Band web site:                http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com
Newsletter:                      http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com/TJM
New Year's Eve 2002/3  http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com/nye

sorry listmates,
but i cannot find your tuba favourite solo.  :)

paolo "boycott double bass" d'amore

  Favorites- Best Solos In Jazz - from DJML