[Dixielandjazz] question answered

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:45:10 +0100

I just answered my own question when I placed this new found CD in my
computer.  One of my kids has installed a CD player program that shows
all the tunes on the CD, & also will look up all the works recorded by
the artist, gives you a huge history, and allows you to order CD's, etc.
MusicMatch).

I now know that Georgie Fame is a pianist/organist, and dates back to
the '60's.  My wife knew his music from that period when he had a hit
called Yeh, Yeh, with words written by Jimi Hendricks.  John McLaughlin
played guitar with him for awhile.  Georgie toured with Count Basie's
band.  Later, he co-recorded with Van Morrison (on organ).  His latest
recording is from the year 2000.  I noted one jazz tune, at least,
there:  Lush Life.

This guy scats real nice.  There is some nice whistling on the CD I
have, but don't know if he is the whistler.  I was dining in a
restaurant the other nite, and this music was playing.  Talking with the
owner about the music, he gave me the CD!   There's no jewel box or
notes, only the CD, itself.  This is ONE singer that would be a blast to
blow with!  His stuff really swings.

Jim (It should've been meeeeee with that real fine chick......) Kash

....that's from one of the bluesy songs.  Goes on to say:  meeeee, in
that Ca-di-llac!   :>