[Dixielandjazz] Banjo message - was horns stolen

Norrie Thomson jnt@nosmoth.fsnet.co.uk
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:04:37 -0000

Hi Listmates

The social secretary of a club who had arranged a New Year's dance was let
down at the last minute by the band that he had booked.  He phoned the local
booking agency to get another band to be told that the only band left was a
banjo / accordion duo.  In desperation he booked them.

New Year's Eve (or to give it the correct name - Hogmany) arrived, the duo
played and the club had the best night in it's history.  At the end of the
evening the secretary complimented the duo and said that it was the best
band that had ever appeared at the club. He asked if he could book them
again for the following New Year's eve.  'Yes', said the banjo player, 'Can
we leave out instrumets here?'

Norrie

Norrie Thomson
Edinburgh