[Dixielandjazz] Face to Face

Judy Eames jude@judyeames.co.uk
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:42:30 -0000

Face to Face(F2F) While most of you are sleeping, I thought I'd crack the
code for confused newcomers.  It's a chance to meet people on this list and
who knows where that will lead?

Our first list contacts, about five years ago, were Bill and Bev Gunter but
they're so famous, you don't need me to tell you about them. Suffice it to
say that they invited Tony Davis and me to Sacramento three years ago and
are responsible for our American festival addiction.

Two years ago,Tony and I met Helen Howard at San Diego F2F.  Helen comes
from Phoenix and she inspired us to go to the Mesa Az festival. We were also
corresponding with Rob Vdp from Scottsdale at the time.  Rob kindly
collected two total strangers from the airport, arranged our hotel
accommodation even had us to stay for a couple of days.  Helen helped us
organise our sightseeing and we stayed with her at the end of our trip.

We have made so many friends through this list and travelled to places we'd
only dreamed of. Our best news is that we've been invited to appear at
Sacramento next year with Zenith Hot Stompers so we shall see old friends
and hope to make some new ones (anyone here from Mustique? :-))

See you all in May!!

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection