[Dixielandjazz] f2f at Sacto

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:07:39 -0600

>From: RAHBerry@aol.com
>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] f2f at Sacto
>Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:50:52 EST
>
>Bob and Listmates:
>I've been thinking about your post, Bob, about wanting to change the venue
>for the f2f/bmp at Sacto in 2003.  I felt that the Delta King was a great
>place to have it.  It did not seem too crowded to me.  I liked the coziness
>of the place and the deck outside.  I was impressed that, even though the
>elevator didn't go all the way to the top floor where the bar is, wheelchairs
>somehow made it there.
>Just thought I'd register MHO.
>Rae Ann
Rae Ann and other F2Fers--
    Yes, but the wheelchairs had to be lifted up those steep stairs and then back down again by folks--not an easy task.  Also, it was a bit too warm in there, and a mite too crowded for me, and a couple of us (Bob Williams and me, while we were going toe-to-toe in trying to out-modest each other) had trouble not hitting our heads on the ceiling lamps and doorways.  On the other hand, it _was_ cozy and had a nice view.  However, i'd vote for a change of venue if we could find somewhere larger and stairless. (Just my far more humble opinion...)

    Dan
--
** Dan Augustine - ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu             **