[Dixielandjazz] "Yardbird" ???

Normseldes@aol.com Normseldes@aol.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:39:51 EST

--part1_1c3.19bd1c6.2b06fbe7_boundary

Maybe I am older than anybody on the list (Steve, you know I am) as I
enlisted in the Regular US Army one year before Pearl Harbor for 3 years
rather than wait to be drafted for one year. Spending my first two years with
old army guys, the expression "yardbird"was given to any buck private. We
made $21.00 per month for 3 months and then $30.00 per month until reveiving
some sort of promotion. It had nothing to do with OKOM or musicians.

Glad to be back on the list.     Norman Seldes in Pennsylvania
Normseldes@aol.com.

--part1_1c3.19bd1c6.2b06fbe7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Maybe I am older than anybody on the list (Steve, you know I am) as I enlisted in the Regular US Army one year before Pearl Harbor for 3 years rather than wait to be drafted for one year. Spending my first two years with old army guys, the expression "yardbird"was given to any buck private. We made $21.00 per month for 3 months and then $30.00 per month until reveiving some sort of promotion. It had nothing to do with OKOM or musicians.<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
Glad to be back on the list.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Norman Seldes in Pennsylvania&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Normseldes@aol.com.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>