[Dixielandjazz] New York, New York

Tom Duncan tduncan@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:21:49 -0500

Jim Kashishian writes on Fri, 15 Nov 2002:

Message: 12
From: "James Kashishian" <kash@ran.es>
To: <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] NY, NY
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:33:23 +0100

>>There you go, Bob!  Exactly what I said about "the best solo" thread.
It's all in the personal likes & dislikes of each person.  It's not that
I particularly thrill to the idea of playing that particular song, but
it does get asked for.  Not forgetting that many of our crowds are not
your died in the wool jazz fans.  However, having said that, it is
usually an American that will ask for that tune, at our bi-weekly hotel
lounge gig.<<

We often play Morton's "Good Old New York (It's Never Down)" when asked for
a New York tune. Very upbeat and a good tune.

Regards,

Tom Duncan