[Dixielandjazz] NY, NY

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:33:23 +0100

Please, for the love of God, don't play that awful tune!
Bob Williams

There you go, Bob!  Exactly what I said about "the best solo" thread.
It's all in the personal likes & dislikes of each person.  It's not that
I particularly thrill to the idea of playing that particular song, but
it does get asked for.  Not forgetting that many of our crowds are not
your died in the wool jazz fans.  However, having said that, it is
usually an American that will ask for that tune, at our bi-weekly hotel
lounge gig.

Anyway, I figure if it's played well....etc.....

Jim