[Dixielandjazz] Jess Stacy

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:36:07 -0500

Stacy played at the 1974 Newport Jazz Festival to a very warm reception and did
start playing again after that making two records on the Chiaroscuro label. But
he still faded away. I suspect for lack of audience. The solo moment from
"Sing, Sing, Sing" is one that we musos have been talking about on the list.
That rare occurrence in a jazz performance when something extraordinary happens
and it all comes together. Usually unrecorded, BUT in this case it was recorded
as an example of a "magical moment" that is truly a treat to hear as it taks
place.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone