[Dixielandjazz] Favorite Piano Solos

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:01:54 -0500

Carnegie Hall with Benny Goodman's Band, 1938. Right in the middle of "Sing, Sing, Sing" he plays a remarkable piano
solo. Just seems to come out of the blue and it is magnificent to my ears. This solo almost got lost in the middle of
all of the hoopla about Sing, Sing, Sing, Benny's solo, Krupa's solo etc., but to me it is Stacy's solo that outshines
them all, and as far as I am concerned, a very magic moment for him, and perhaps the best he ever did.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone