[Dixielandjazz] Fred Rich orch on Turner Classic Movies

Stan Brager sbrager@socal.rr.com" <sbrager@socal.rr.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:29:04 -0800

Charlie;

I did some further research on this short since a friend's father played
with Fred Rich at one time. According to Turner Classic Movies, the short
is just 24 minutes in length. The short features George Hall's Orchestra
from 1936 and the Fred Rich orchestra from 1938.

In 1938, both Dorsey's and Bunny Berigan had their own bands. Although I
doubt that they would be in this short, one never knows.

Please let me know if you spot anyone in the short.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training