[Dixielandjazz] Re: Billy Maxted

JButler916@aol.com JButler916@aol.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:29:38 EST

--part1_122.1a206266.2afc5f72_boundary

Also is the "Art Of Jazz" on Seeco with some great Lee Gifford on tunes like
"San."  Trombone players had to have outstanding chops to play the Maxted
book hence guys like Lee Gifford Eddie Hubble and Cougar Nelson. All of them
were or are great players with chops and imagination. As a trombone
player/owner I still shake my head at some of the things they did!

Jim Butler

--part1_122.1a206266.2afc5f72_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Also is the "Art Of Jazz" on Seeco with some great Lee Gifford on tunes like "San."&nbsp; Trombone players had to have outstanding chops to play the Maxted book hence guys like Lee Gifford Eddie Hubble and Cougar Nelson. All of them were or are great players with chops and imagination. As a trombone player/owner I still shake my head at some of the things they did!<BR>
<BR>
Jim Butler</FONT></HTML>

--part1_122.1a206266.2afc5f72_boundary--