[Dixielandjazz] the best solo in jazz

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:15:04 EST

--part1_7b.1983133.2afb26a8_boundary

In a message dated 11/6/02 4:13:20 PM Central Standard Time,
lennielsen@telus.net writes:

> However, one that I like and think should be mentioned is Bunny
> Berigan's solo on I Can't Get Started With You.

   Almost anything by Louis or Jack Teagarden will qualify but I must agree
with Len..Bunny Berigan's immortal "I can't get started with you" is hands
down the all time greatest jazz solo.  It's got everything that comprises
great music and it is timeless.  I still get chills when I hear it.

Jim Beebe

--part1_7b.1983133.2afb26a8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/6/02 4:13:20 PM Central Standard Time, lennielsen@telus.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">However, one that I like and think should be mentioned is Bunny<BR>
Berigan's solo on I Can't Get Started With You.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Almost anything by Louis or Jack Teagarden will qualify but I must agree with Len..Bunny Berigan's immortal "I can't get started with you" is hands down the all time greatest jazz solo.&nbsp; It's got everything that comprises great music and it is timeless.&nbsp; I still get chills when I hear it.<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_7b.1983133.2afb26a8_boundary--