[Dixielandjazz] Re: the best solo in jazz

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:57:50 -0500

I don't know, probably haven't heard it yet. Bird's break in "A Night in
Tunisia" is phenomenal, as are several Bunk Johnson breaks, as is Monk's
solo in "Bags Groove" as is Pee Wee Russell's solo in "One Two Three
Blues".  IMO. i'd have to re-listen to everything ever recorded in jazz, or
heard live, to answer. Too much great stuff out there.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone