[Dixielandjazz] Bolenisms!!

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:36:19 -0600

In the days BEFORE it was politically incorrect to refer to a woman as
inferior, I was told by my drummer husband that girls could not (didn't
have the ability) play drums.  Then our daughter came along and joined
the drum line and did very well!  However, she never could play the trap
set.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Randy
Fendrick
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 11:10 PM
To: Dixieland Jazz <Dixieland Jazz
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Bolenisms!!

Many of you don't know Gene Bolen but those of you that do will
appreciate a Bolenism that came up at a gig today.  When referring to a
drummer Gene would say, "Oh, He plays like a girl!"  When referring to a
particularly bad drummer, He might say, "He plays like a young girl.!"
You had to know him, and those of you that don't, missed one of the real
characters of jazz music! later,

-Randy Fendrick-
Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra
Southside Chicago Seven