[Dixielandjazz] Where...now George Brunis

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:59:16 EDT

--part1_80.1c5b6ee5.2a284104_boundary

In a message dated 5/30/02 9:19:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
talcp@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Hi Charlie   You probably didn't know that I played with George at the 1111
> Club for several months in the early 1950s, sharing the job with Del
> Lincoln
> ( neither of us could work all nights due to day gigs). I learned  more
> there than any other gig about OKOM.  TinRoof usually ended each set with
> George setting the phrasing for the ending--never the same way twice! Roy
> Wasson was on piano, a fine musician no-one seems to know about:  Everyone
> who was there remembers HeyHey though..  Incidentally, Del was brother of
> thr fine trombonist,  Abe.  Gene Mayo invited me to join him and George for
> 3 or 4 dates in the Dakotas and George stopped for couple nights with us in
> St Paul cooking all the meals.  RB&R of course.    Bill

   Bill:  Are you sure about Del LIncoln being the brother of Abe?  I've
read recent articles on Abe and this was never mentioned in them. In any case
Del was trumpet man.  About Gene Mayo...you must mean Gene Mayl.

    Jim Beebe

--part1_80.1c5b6ee5.2a284104_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 5/30/02 9:19:27 PM Central Daylight Time, talcp@worldnet.att.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hi Charlie&nbsp;&nbsp; You probably didn't know that I played with George at the 1111<BR>
Club for several months in the early 1950s, sharing the job with Del Lincoln<BR>
( neither of us could work all nights due to day gigs). I learned&nbsp; more<BR>
there than any other gig about OKOM.&nbsp; TinRoof usually ended each set with<BR>
George setting the phrasing for the ending--never the same way twice! Roy<BR>
Wasson was on piano, a fine musician no-one seems to know about:&nbsp; Everyone<BR>
who was there remembers HeyHey though..&nbsp; Incidentally, Del was brother of<BR>
thr fine trombonist,&nbsp; Abe.&nbsp; Gene Mayo invited me to join him and George for<BR>
3 or 4 dates in the Dakotas and George stopped for couple nights with us in<BR>
St Paul cooking all the meals.&nbsp; RB&amp;R of course.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bill</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Bill:&nbsp; Are you sure about Del LIncoln being the brother of Abe?&nbsp; I've&nbsp; read recent articles on Abe and this was never mentioned in them. In any case Del was trumpet man.&nbsp; About Gene Mayo...you must mean Gene Mayl.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_80.1c5b6ee5.2a284104_boundary--