Fwd: [dixielandjazz] Re: Brunis

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:56:24 EDT

--part1_1a5.2f517e7.2a26b698_boundary

From: JimDBB@aol.com
Full-name: JimDBB
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:55:56 EDT
Subject: Re: [dixielandjazz] Re: Brunis
To: dixielandjazz@lists.islandnet.com

--part2_1a5.2f517e7.2a26a86c_boundary

In a message dated 5/28/02 11:03:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:

> Yeah, George.  The last gig I played with George, George didn't play.  It
> was in '75 (I'm almost certain--Beebe, help me out here!) at The Big Horn
> Mundelein, George never got onstage.  He sat backstage, parallel to the
> wall, in a kind of desk-chair, like they used to have in schools, and
> stared
> into some space that the rest of us could not see, his red vest open, his
> black bow tie in place, his white shirt crisp.  Staring.  Sitting.
> Perfectly still.  No music.  Never again.  He died soon after.

   Was the the time that Buzz brought Georg Brunis to the Big Horn in a limo?
It was his birthday or something.

   Jim Beebe

--part2_1a5.2f517e7.2a26a86c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 5/28/02 11:03:13 PM Central Daylight Time, charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
Yeah, George.&nbsp; The last gig I played with George, George didn't play.&nbsp; It<BR>
was in '75 (I'm almost certain--Beebe, help me out here!) at The Big Horn<BR>
Mundelein, George never got onstage.&nbsp; He sat backstage, parallel to the<BR>
wall, in a kind of desk-chair, like they used to have in schools, and stared<BR>
into some space that the rest of us could not see, his red vest open, his<BR>
black bow tie in place, his white shirt crisp.&nbsp; Staring.&nbsp; Sitting.<BR>
Perfectly still.&nbsp; No music.&nbsp; Never again.&nbsp; He died soon after.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Was the the time that Buzz brought Georg Brunis to the Big Horn in a limo? It was his birthday or something.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>