[Dixielandjazz] DELETE NOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE ROSEMARY CLOONEY

Dixie Teel dixiecup34@earthlink.net
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:42:13 -0500

Listmates,
With the 4th of July holiday just 4 day away lets forget the politically
correct/incorrect climate that seems to penetrate everything in our lives.
Some of you may remember a couple of years ago someone posting a very
uncomplimentary message about Mel Torme.  The results were overwhelming.
There was none of the "He's not OKOM "junk" (my appraisal) posted.  There
was just a lot of members taking up for a talented performer.  I was not a
Mel Torme fan but I recognized his talent and jumped in with all fours along
with everyone else.
Let's all show Rosemary Clooney that same respect and recognization.  One
movie that is one of my favorites that she had a roll in was White
Christmas.  Let's all show her the recognization we recently showed Peggy
Lee when she passed away.  By the way, no one objected to the mention of the
death of the WHO band member.
May everyone have a safe and happy July 4.  Check out this web site for a
fantastic example of what the day means.  The graphic are beautiful and some
of the music could be considered OKOM.
www.ourchristiannation.org/july4th.htm
Dixie Teel
Houston, TX