[Dixielandjazz] Jazz news and Personal (non-jazz) news

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:03:18 EDT

jjharris@digitalpassage.com writes:

<< s there someway that there could be two separate lists.
 One strictly for the sharing of Jazz information and news
 and another list for personal comments that people wish
 to share among the jazz list members?   >>

Hi
 I am not shouting but I would like to say I think this is a bad (and
probably unworkable) idea.
This list has often been compared to a bar in a jazz club.The general
conversation is about our sort of jazz but  comments about other types of
music, memories of gigs and the people who played them, reminiscences and
stories about friends in the business etc., are what you would expect to find.
If you don`t like the subject under discussion just pass on down the bar to
the next group and join a conversation that does interest you.
Conversations about ballet, art,or gardening would be unlikely to flourish
and anyone who consistently talked about such unconnected subjects would find
few listeners.Anyone  who refused to take the hint might eventually be asked
to leave.

Should you find a listener  to whom would like to talk about ballet,art or
gardening you act exactly as if you were in a bar. You would say `Lets get
out of here` and continue your chat off list.

Cheers

Pat