[Dixielandjazz] Re: Limiting list postings to Dixieland-related

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:46:46 EDT

--part1_f7.1d5ddd65.2a4decf6_boundary

In a message dated 6/28/02 11:27:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
chhull@pacbell.net writes:

> Jim Beebe:
>
> I enjoy your postings and generally agree with you, but have to take
> exception to your comment regarding the variety of Steve Barbone's
> postings.
>
> Some participants have a narrow range of interest; some wider.  Too bad
> there isn't a polling mechanism built into the list.
>
> I vote against restricting the postings to earlier jazz and swing (OKOM?).
> While more modern and exotic jazz forms aren't my cup of tea, I try to keep
> an open mind and learn what the rest of the world is doing.  I enjoy all
> the
> postings from Beebe, Ingles, Barbone et al and wouldn't change the list for
> anything.  Even the one-line reparte repeating all the comment from earlier
> in the thread.
>
> And thanks to whoever invented the computer keyboard, for including a
> key.
>
> Charlie Hull

   Thank you for your comments, Charlie Hull, but now I must take exception
to your taking exception to my comments.  I guess that I'll have to remind
you that the subject of this list in Dixieland Jazz.  This is a fairly broad
arena which would include, New Orleans Jazz, Chicago Jazz, Eddie condon jazz,
San Francisco Jazz etc. As I remarked, most of us post things less related or
unrelated to this kind of music but we don't do so on an ongoing relentless
basis.  Posting almost daily reviews from the NY Times on modern jazz groups
does not, INHO, fit the parameters of this List. And I don't mind saying so.

So there....   next combatant please.

Jim Beebe

--part1_f7.1d5ddd65.2a4decf6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/28/02 11:27:28 AM Central Daylight Time, chhull@pacbell.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
Jim Beebe:<BR>
<BR>
I enjoy your postings and generally agree with you, but have to take<BR>
exception to your comment regarding the variety of Steve Barbone's postings.<BR>
<BR>
Some participants have a narrow range of interest; some wider.&nbsp; Too bad<BR>
there isn't a polling mechanism built into the list.<BR>
<BR>
I vote against restricting the postings to earlier jazz and swing (OKOM?).<BR>
While more modern and exotic jazz forms aren't my cup of tea, I try to keep<BR>
an open mind and learn what the rest of the world is doing.&nbsp; I enjoy all the<BR>
postings from Beebe, Ingles, Barbone et al and wouldn't change the list for<BR>
anything.&nbsp; Even the one-line reparte repeating all the comment from earlier<BR>
in the thread.<BR>
<BR>
And thanks to whoever invented the computer keyboard, for including a Delete<BR>
key.<BR>
<BR>
Charlie Hull</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for your comments, Charlie Hull, but now I must take exception to your taking exception to my comments.&nbsp; I guess that I'll have to remind you that the subject of this list in Dixieland Jazz.&nbsp; This is a fairly broad arena which would include, New Orleans Jazz, Chicago Jazz, Eddie condon jazz, San Francisco Jazz etc. As I remarked, most of us post things less related or unrelated to this kind of music but we don't do so on an ongoing relentless basis.&nbsp; Posting almost daily reviews from the NY Times on modern jazz groups does not, INHO, fit the parameters of this List. And I don't mind saying so.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
So there....&nbsp;&nbsp; next combatant please.<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f7.1d5ddd65.2a4decf6_boundary--