[Dixielandjazz] One Liners From Listeners

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:55:05 -0400

At 07:05 PM 6/22/2002 -0400, Jazzjerry@aol.com wrote:
>These cheapjack ripostes to punters simply are not funny. The poor guy or gal
> has probably really plucked up a lot of courage to go up to the band and
>make what he or she thinks is  a real compliment and to be put down in this
>way shows that the musicians have complete contempt for the audience who
>after all pay their wages. Why not simply say 'Thank You', smile and take the
>remark in the way it was undoubtedly intended.  I know that if I ever heard a
>musician put down a punter in this manner it would be the last time that
>particular band would get a booking in any venue I had any control over.
>Jerry,

I'm with Jerry on this issue. We all get irritated by the posterior
orifaces of the world who wanna mess with us, but especially since you
can't determine peoples' intent, I'd go so far as to say that putting down
the customers is downright unprofessional. If for no other reason than one
never knows who is listening.

--Sheik