[Dixielandjazz] FW: Oboe (was Hardest instrment to learn)

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:55:39 +1000

Dear friends,
I sent this earlier (about 2 hours ago), but the 'moderator' withheld it.
I am trying again.
Kind regards,
Bill.

Dear Benny and mates,
I was intending to let this thread slide.
However.
Oboe is listed in the  abbreviations list in Brian Rust's "Jazz Records"
(discography).
Garvin Bushell played it (he who played bassoon on Fats Waller and the Wilber
DeParis records) and, I am sure, used it on record.
Garvin wrote a book - "Jazz In The Beginning" - which I seem to have mislaid.
(Can't find it!)
I am sure the listing of his records there will show him having used oboe on
record from1922 sometime.
Calloway, DeParis ?
Kind regards,
Bill.