[Dixielandjazz] Hardest instrument to learn

Ron Going rongoing1@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:06:54 -0500

--------------030907010801080404050909

Hi All,
If I interpret the intent of the question as asking which instrument was
the most difficult to "learn to play WELL", as opposed to, "learn to
play" , in a Dixieland jazz band,  I would have to vote for the
clarinet. Not because that's what Im still learning in my 5th decade of
playing , but that's the conclusion I come to after listening to others
as well as myself for  over 50 years.
I vote for the drums as being the most dangerous instrument ever
invented, unless played Very Well , but then , what  a delight.
Best regards
Ron Going
clarinet/leader
Gremoli
Long Beach, Calif.
USA

Bob Romans wrote:

> I don't wish to start a nuclear war here, but I've gotten into some
> discussions lately about which is the hardest instrument to learn, and
> which is the easiest. If a friend of yours wants to learn to play in a
> Dixieland jazz band, and has never played ANY instrument,and asks you
> which one would get him there fastest, what would you tell him/her?
>
> Bob Romans
> Cell Block 7
> Jazz Band
> 1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
> Lodi, California, 95242
> Phone.....209-368-3255
> Cell...209-747-1148
> Fax...209-368-3255
> WebPages..click below
> www.cellblockseven2002.net <http://www.cellblockseven2002.net>

--------------030907010801080404050909

<head>
</head>
Hi All,<br>
If I interpret the intent of the question as asking which instrument was
the most difficult to "learn to play WELL", as opposed to, "learn to play"
, in a Dixieland jazz band,  I would have to vote for the clarinet. Not because
that's what Im still learning in my 5th decade of playing , but that's the
conclusion I come to after listening to others as well as myself for  over
50 years.<br>
I vote for the drums as being the most dangerous instrument ever invented,
unless played Very Well , but then , what  a delight.<br>
Best regards<br>
Ron Going<br>
clarinet/leader<br>
Gremoli<br>
Long Beach, Calif.<br>
USA<br>
Bob Romans wrote:<br>
war here,  but I've gotten into some discussions lately about which is the
hardest  instrument to learn, and which is the easiest. If a friend of yours
wants to  learn to play in a Dixieland jazz band, and has never played ANY
instrument,and  asks you which one would get him there fastest, what would
Cell Block 7<br>
Jazz Band<br>
1617  Lakeshore Dr.,<br>
Lodi, California,  95242<br>