[Dixielandjazz] Tabarka Jazz Festival - Tunisia

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 09:35:37 -0400

List mates:

Barbone Street got invited by e mail, to participate in the
"International Ferstival de Jazz de Tabarka" in Tunisia, this coming
July.  We can't do it as we have a heavy July schedule in place locally.

Anybody know anything about this festival?  Is it real, a scam, a rooky
dooky operation, etc?  Did any other bands on the DJML get feelers from
them?

It seems like a broad scale jazz festival, the kind at which Barbone
Street has successfully performed here in the USA. I am curious as to
what the deal is, real or imagined.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Also heard from Tom Wiggins that his N.O. Brass Band has a solid
schedule of appearance in Europe this summer at various International
Jazz Festivals. In many cases it appears as if his Saint Gabriel's
Celestial Brass Band will be the only OKOM there.