[Dixielandjazz] Re: A few more overlooked songs

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:21:27 -0500

>From: "thompson" <res0a3qw@verizon.net>
>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] A few more overlooked songs
>Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:31:47 -0000
>I like "Breeze" and don't hear it often.  Don't know who wrote it, but Grand
>Dominion Jazz Band has it on one of their albums.
>Rebecca Thompson
>Flower Mound, Texas
Rebecca and DJMLers--
     The Alamo City JB CD _Texas Jazz Since the Republic_ says that
"Breeze" was written by James Hanley in 1919. Ben Conroy's liner
notes say that "'Breeze', 'Oh Daddy', and 'My Little Girl' are
included because of their immense popularity in Texas."  Um, right.

     Dan
--
**  Dan Augustine    Austin, Texas   ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu     **
**     "I am sufficiently proud of my knowing something to be         **