[Dixielandjazz] Local songs for dixieland

Dixie Teel dixiecup34@earthlink.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:02:39 -0500

In a posting dated June 7, 2002  James Kashishian made the following
observation:

> Besides, someone might give a suggestion that those in
Texas can use
> instead of just drawing from their own culture!    :>

OK, I'll go across the Red River Valley, pretty good tune, and nominate
Oklahoma Hills or perhaps :Walkin The Floor Over You--shades of Ernest Tubb.
On a similar vein.  Has anyone heard the swinging version of Chattanooga
Choo Choo in Spanish by Carmen Miranda?  I heard it on the Live365 web site
a couple of days ago.
James, didn't you know that to a Texan there isn't any other culture.  The
Texas Martini is a good example--1 washtub full of gin with a bermuda onion.
Dixie Teel
Houston, TX