[Dixielandjazz] New List Server (about moderators)

Vilcad (Ron Gable) Vilcad \(Ron Gable\)" <vilcad@earthlink.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:41:19 -0400

Fellow listers,

I'm new to this mail list, haven't been on one for years.  This is maybe the
fourth response I've submitted.
I did in fact receive a message from the list moderator, disallowing one of
my replies to the list.  I believe I know the reason.
My mail program is set up to send and receive from three different accounts
(e-mail address) and the one I used to send my reply from in not the e-mail
address that I had used to register on the list.  Therefore the list program
could not verify my name and sent me a pre-recorded message "from the
moderator", which is verbiage in the mail program and not a real person.

Another subject, I have not and will not send attachments to this list.
That the easy part, the hard part for me is to remember to go into the tools
option in my mail program and setting to plain text.  I have done this for
this message. Since I do much work that requires using html format in
e-mails, I'm going to have to remember to make the switch each time.  I'm
new to this idea about plain text and not sure or the reasoning, but will do
my best.

Ron & Rosemary Gable
Jazz Advocates
10790 W. National Road