[Dixielandjazz] To All Members

Robert Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:52:51 -0700

Two Important Issues:

The procedure for addressing messages going to DJML has been changed back to
the way it was before the new List program was implemented.  Using the Reply
command will send the message to the originator of the message.

In order to post to the list, you must physically enter the DJML address as
follows,

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com

By doing this, it is hoped that it will cut down on personal messages being
accidentally posted to the List.

At present Mailman, the program which we are now using for DJML, can not
limit posts to plain text only.  Thus it is very important that *all members
make sure that they are sending *only plain text to the List.  And, never
send attachments of any kind to DJML.

If you do not know how to change to plain text, please ask and someone will
give you instructions.  Remember, it is important to know which email client
you are using.

Please have patience.  Remember that IslandNet is still providing DJML with
a home free of charge.  None of us like changes, most of all yours truly.
However, I think after things settle in, this program will work much better
for us.

Bob mr.wonderful@ringwald.com