[Dixielandjazz] new format

Bill Horton dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:56:35 -0700

It takes a lot of chutzpah to complain about a gift (as is the DJML), but
this morning I got 75 messages, almost all from the DJML, and about half of
those were personal posts!  Sure, there were some who violated etiquette and
sent personals to the whole list with the old system, but it seems there are
many whose technical competence isn't up to the rather inconvenient way to
send personals on the new system.  It has been observed that gentlemen do
not read other people's mail, but we're being forced into this ungentlemanly
practice.

Now the word is that the new system accepts potentially virus-ridden HTML.

Up with this we should not have to put (he said, avoiding ending a sentence
with a preposition.)

Bill Horton